Beam NFTs - The NFT Marketplace - & Beyond

Yes, I think you should still pay even if you’re only moving to another wallet controlled by yourself.

1. There is no way to distinguish between two wallets owned by the same person, that can’t be gamed to avoid royalties.

2. I am thinking a small flat fee i.e. I make my money by encouraging lots of transfers, not from a few expensive ones. To me, this is the measure of a truly successful product i.e. you’re encouraging the re-sale while still making good money in a very distributed way. It’s a different approach to scarcity, in that there is still a limited pool but somewhere there is this discovery of what size pool can reach a million (or a billion) views / owners?

For example, with my vinyl collection, I might want to sell some yet some I want to keep. With mp3s, well, we just collect them and that’s it. But NFT’s take us back to that vinyl collection, we restore those same values. And then one day, years from now, an artist says, "I’m going to do a tour / public appearance and anyone with an old NFT gets backstage privilege etc.

1 Like