I propose funding from the DAO to create a fairly complicated but potentially incredibly useful Dapp built on Beam. My intent is not to have the dapp be profitable to a central entity such as myself or others who work on it, but to the people that participate and give their ratings. It may collect a very small maintence percentage in order to fund changes, fixes, or additions.
I would like to request DAO treasury funds in order to fund a developer salary for myself so that I can work towards this full time. This salary would be renewable with another proposal and demonstration of tangible research and development progress.
In short, a dapp that would function similiarly to PhotoFeeler, which aims to get unbiased feedback on images you may use on a dating, business, or other sort of profile.
- It would be owned and managed by those that use and work for the dapp.
- Any kind of metric (such as “coolness” or “attractiveness”), could be included on a community (or possibly individual) basis.
- The scope is not limited to a person, but could be an nft or piece of artwork.
- Those people actually submitting ratings would be paid
A privacy preserving blockchain is a near must as to not have a doxxed wallet tied to images of yourself.
- Incentives, punishments, and barriers to entry need to just right in order to prevent bot activity and useless votes without unfairly targeting real users.
- Because there isn’t an all-knowing server, a few other things become more complicated:
- Content Moderation must be handled by users
- Who gets to see what information (votes, media) and when can they see it.
This kind of application may be exactly what onboards many people into cryptocurrency and Beam specifically, and demonstrates a solid use case.
- A fully researched, documented, and reasoned plan for creating this dapp. This will include flowcharts, technical details on algorithms and tools needed, and compiled research and reasoning for any specific approach.
- Estimated time: 3 - 4 weeks
- All other deliverables require this research for a decent estimate of a timeframe
- Smart contracts underlying the hard logic of the dapp.
- A web front-end UI for this dapp available through IPFS.
Salary requested at ~$95,000 annually, just below the median based on payscale.com data.
This specific proposal is only for the first deliverable, to provide an exact researched roadmap to this project. The deliverable estimate is roughly 1 month, so this proposal is asking for ~$7,900 worth of funding to begin work on this project.