Beam Spaces and Qs

I realize it is always going to be 3am somewhere so probably this is not fair! :slight_smile: Just to say, 7pm GMT is 3am for me, not practical for me to listen live. Just saying because sometimes I feel like I want to interject.

Maybe I can ask a question while I am here.

My no. 1 question is about longevity. I think the Beam Team is quite small and I worry what would happen if some of the most influential people in this project were no longer around, accidents etc.

4 Likes

Hey, I just saw your question here.
Not sure if it was answered in the space, if not I have noted it for the space on the 02.03.2023.

I must of missed the answer to this! Yes, it was directed for Spaces but if someone can answer here that would be great.

I remember this question coming up in the latest space. I don’t remember what the answer was but the space is uploaded to youtube if you want to see it. I think the question was answered quite late in the space

1 Like

I remember taking some notes to this question, I’ll see what I have and then edit this message
“yes, Beam Team is not very large, we try to make it resilient enough.”

1 Like

I would like to know if there is any expanding plan(in terms of team size)

1 Like

I remember asking something similar to this on twitter for a space and Rafun answered.
I asked “Is there a plan to add more developers making commits to beam? More developers makes it more decentralized.”

And he said “Yes, we believe that having more developers committing to Beam is important for decentralization. While Valdo is a shader master, we welcome contributions from other developers as well. We are working on attracting and onboarding more developers to the project.”

I think this may not be something to worry about

2 Likes

I know the Medium articles from the Beam News channel generally cover big topics but a small bulleted summary of key points made by the team in the Spaces would be very helpful to those who can’t attend. As well as a place to post questions beforehand (that don’t get lost in the depths of Telegram or require constantly tagging key team members)

2 Likes

summary of key points made by the team in the Spaces would be very helpful to those who can’t attend.

I agree, a short summary of the Twitter spaces could be added to the weekly Substack newsletter.
I’ve asked @Angus about this, will edit this here when I get an answer.
( btw you can listen to the spaces on YouTube, they usually get uploaded every Sunday )

As well as a place to post questions beforehand (that don’t get lost in the depths of Telegram or require constantly tagging key team members)

Questions for the Space don’t get lost in the depths of Telegram, if there is one I will certainly see it and add it to the list :). So there are a few places where you can submit questions beforehand:

1. Telegram ( preferably with tagging me )
  2. The Twitter Space announcement
  3. Discord
  4. Here in the forum
2 Likes

Just to track it here, I’ve floated the idea of using a video to text (youtube link based) chatgpt summary tooling that exists that could be an easy way to summarize the videos if there isn’t the personnel to take bulleted notes. Also can watch the postings generally on like 2x speed :slight_smile:

Im sure a summary of the spaces can be included in the newsletter, waiting for a reply from angus there.
I am taking notes during the Spaces ( currently have notes for the 09th Feb, 02nd March, 09th March and 23rd March ).

2 Likes