Here is the list of proposed UI changed and improvements planned for the Desktop Wallet 7.5 / 8.0 releases. Depending on the progress with 8.0 Hard Fork, these changes could be released before the fork in the 7.5 version or with the 8.0 release.
- Multi account / Multi network wallet
NEED / PROBLEM:
Current versions of Beam Wallet are built to work with a single network (Mainnet or Dappnet) and only allow for a single Account (identified by a specific seed phrase). This requires users who are working with several accounts or on different networks to install several binaries and manipulate several wallet folders which is not easy to do for most users.
- Build network / account selection into the login flow of the wallet.
- Ability to add new accounts should also be supported.
- Each Account will be accompanied by a label, to easily differentiate between accounts.
- Logout will return the user to the login screen where a different account and network can be selected
- Move Swaps to the header buttons row (where Send and Receive are)
As Beam added more and more functionality the left menu bar has been expanded with all the new features added as additional buttons on the bar. It seems to be a good time now to reprioritize these functions.
Beam Desktop Wallet supports two types of swaps: Asset Swaps and Atomic Swaps. Asset Swaps is a built in marketplace for exchanging Confidential Assets on Beam chain, while Atomic Swaps allow for trustless decentralized swaps between Beam and BTC/LTC/ETH and several other coins and tokens.
- Add Swap button to the right of Send and Receive buttons
- Swap will open Swaps screen with two tabls for Asset and Atomic swaps, respectively
- Add dApp store to Main screen layout
Over time, decentralized confidential applications has become the central part of the Beam Desktop wallet functionality. Currently to access dApps, users need first to access the dApp Store screen from the left vertical menu.
- Display dApps in the main screen of the wallet, under the Assets dashboard
- Move Transactions list to a separata sub tab on the main screen
- Get rid of centralized dApp store catalogue
Currently Beam uses an outdated centralized dApp catalogue for the dApp store screen. H:owever, Beam already supports two better methods of distributing dApps - decentralized smart contract based store and .dapp local archives.
- Remove centralized dApp store component
- Add essential dApp packages into the wallet installation (including BeamX DAO, Voting, DEX and possibly others)
- Show all Publishers in the d^2App store by default and allow to filter out, instead of current practice of explicitly adding Publishers by publisher id
- Add Profile menu in the top right corner of the wallet
With the addition of multi account support (see point 1) it is necessary to logout to switch to a different account as well as work with account specific settings.
- Add Profile menu (usually round button) in the top right corner of a wallet screen
- Move Edit account name, Settings and Logou menus to the Profile drop down menu
- Show Public Offline address, which is currently only seen in Settings
- Extra bonus: Use custom avatar as your account profile
- Show SBBS and all other address components directly on the Receive screen
Since most centrazlied exchanges still only accept pure SBBS addresses for Beam withdrawals
users are often confused on which address needs to be used between the standard Beam address that aupports both Online and Offline transactions and the legacy SBBS address
- Show both addresses in the receive screen with added explanations on which address should be used in which scenario