BEAM Name Service

My thoughts re the open questions + :

1. Yes. multiple top level domains in addition to .beam would be amazing. But I think this can come later, and potentially even be more interoperable with the wider crypto space.
  2. Later Subdomains would be amazing but I think less relevant for initial phase and early adoption
  3. No royalties on secondary sales. My thinking is that either royalties or renewal costs should be there but not both. Royalties maybe are a part of NFT marketplace which would also benefit the DAO.
  4. I think this is cool to have some NFT image attached to .beam addy
  5. Name is difficult I have no idea :thinking: ANS? Anonymous name service. Anonames…?

Some great feedback re renewals bad forever good that has come up a few times:
Personally think this leads to dead addresses and people squatting. Both bad for the ecosystem. Renewal cost presents and easy model. Works well in ENS and if it not broke dont fix it imho. Also comes with benefit of being self sustaining.

Another point was wrt to premium list. I think this is a can of warms, adds unneeded complexity, and essentially stifles adoption by squashing speculation. Those that speculate on addresses are incentivised to get out and shill them to sell them. Premium address list will be difficult to manage, and stops speculation which I think at such an early point is detrimental.

4 Likes